|Press Release Submission Guidelines|
|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, 14 June 2006 14:43|
• Press releases are published as a free service for our community.
• Press releases must be written in complete sentences, listing the who, what, when and where of the event. Include a brief biography, such as for a featured speaker; and/or the history or mission statement of an event or organization, such as for an annual event or a nonprofit organization.
• For fundraisers, please indicate what or whom the proceeds benefit. List the full, formal title of individuals referred to or quoted in the release.
• Press releases must include the event, location, including street address, time and a contact phone number for publication. Releases without this information will not be published.
• Submitted photos should properly identify the photographer, if applicable, and all the individuals in the photo. Double check names to avoid spelling errors.
• Send photos that are huge, as large as they appear fresh of your camera. If you download photos from a website, they are likely too small for us to use. If the photo on screen is smaller than your hand, it's too small.
• The best digital format is a jpg, jpeg or gif file. We cannot guarantee that submitted photographs will be returned.
• Deadline for the Wednesday issue is Friday at 5 p.m.
• Deadline for the Friday issue is Monday at 5 p.m.
• Submissions made after deadline cannot be considered for publication in that issue.
• Publication date can not be guaranteed.
• Send the release in the main body of the e-mail, not an attachment.
• All press releases are edited for space and content. We reserve the right to edit any release for space, style, content and good taste.
Press release example:
Calendar Listings and Arts Events
• At a Glance, published in The Scene, is reserved for arts and entertainment events only. All other events will be placed in another community events sections of the newspaper. These are one-time arts events, such as a concert, performance, art opening, festival, recital, film screening, play, etc., or weekly arts events, such as a regular band or performance.
• Ongoing Events is reserved for only those nonprofit or free events scheduled on a regular basis, whether every week on the same day, or once a month on the same day. Events scheduled for every week or every month on the same day and time need not be sent in every week. Any changes to regularly scheduled events must be submitted.
• Club events will be redirected to the Your Community page where club news is published.
• Support group information will be redirected to the Support Groups listing.
• All submissions must include the event, venue, including street address, the time and a contact phone number. Submissions without this information will not be published.
• Submitted photos should properly identify the photographer, if applicable, and all the individuals in the photo. Print names to avoid spelling errors. The best digital format is a jpg, jpeg or tiff file. We cannot guarantee that submitted photographs will be returned. We will keep some arts photos on file for future publication, but this is not guaranteed, so always send a publicity photo with your calendar listing.
• Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Thursday for the following week. Submissions made after deadline cannot be considered for publication that week.
Calendar listing example:
Monday, Jan. 31
|Last Updated on Monday, 19 March 2012 10:06|